Status 140 - 2023
Sure, you can decide to buck the status quo, or you could just huck it. We chose the latter with the all-new Status 140. The result? Not just a new bike, but an entirely new platform that’s changed our whole understanding of what a do-it-all bike can actually do.
But what’s with the different-sized wheels? So glad you asked.Take the smaller wheelbase and shorter chainstays made possible by having a 27.5-inch rear wheel and pair them with the increased traction and rolling speed made possible by a 29-inch wheel up front, and you've got a bike that’s ready to throw down.
Or, think of it as the ability to flick right but plow left into a tech-y switchback, straight-line it through that longer-than-you-thought stretch of chunder without breaking a sweat, and throw down some serious flair on your local flow trail, all in one nice, tight package. The Status 140 also adopts our Style-Specific Sizing that not only lets you find the right fit, but also get your desired reach and wheelbase to really let your preferred handling characteristics come alive.
- Focused on fun and featuring our Mixed-Wheel Trail Geometry, the Status frameset is a fewer frills, all thrills FSR delivery system crafted from our hard-charging—and hard-wearing—M5 alloy and is designed not only to take a hit, but keep asking for more.
- Fox’s FLOAT 36 Rhythm calls the venerable Grip damper into service in the name of rowdy riders everywhere, offering impressively controlled travel with plenty of trail-feel that puts confidence on speed dial. The two-position Sweep adjustment ensures the FLOAT 36 Rhythm is right at home dealing out its 140-millimeters of travel in just about any environment while 36-millimeter stanchions promise plenty of stiffness for precise handling at the limit.
- Quality suspension unlocks some serious free speed, so to slow it all down, we tasked SRAM’s proven Code R brakes with stopping duties. Forged four-piston calipers offer serious stopping power, while 200-millimeter rotors on both ends of the bike promise plenty of fade-free bite when it matters.
- Seat Binder: Alloy, 38.6mm
- Frame: M5 alloy chassis and rear-end, Mixed wheel Trail Geometry, threaded BB,12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 140mm of travel
Suspension: Fork FOX FLOAT 36 Rhythm, GRIP damper, two position Sweep adjustment, 15x110mm QR axle, 44mm offset, 140mm of travel
- Rear Shock: FOX FLOAT X Performance, Rx Trail Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, 2-position lever w/ LSR adjustment, 210x52.5mm
- Stem: Alloy Trail Stem, 35mm bar bore
- Saddle: Body Geometry Bridge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- Grips: Deity, Knuckleduster, Black
- Handlebars : Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 780mm width
- X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SLR LE lever, 34.9mm, S2: 125mm, S3/S4: 150mm, S5: 170mm
Brakes: Rear Brake SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- Front Brake SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 220mm
- Chainrings Steel, 30T
- Bottom Bracket SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded
- Cassette SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
- Chain SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear Derailleur SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Crankset SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 170mm
- Shift Levers SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- Rear Hub Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- Front Hub Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
- Front Tire Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® T9 compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- Rear Tire Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 27.5x2.3"
- Spokes DT Swiss Industry
- Rims Specialized 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready
- Inner Tubes Standard, Presta Valve
Satin Raspberry / Cast Umber
Satin Oak Green
- $75.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)