S-WORKS EPIC EVO - 2020
Ever been in the middle of stage race or a massive backcountry ride and needed just a little more margin for error on the descents? Yeah, we've been there, too. And that's why we made the perfect ultra-light, ultra-fast bike for precisely those situations.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• S-Works, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain-equipped suspension—nothing’s faster.
• FOX Factory Step-Cast 34, with all the trimmings—including Fit4 damper and Kashima coating.
• Shimano XTR 12-speed drivetrain provides lightning-quick and precise shifts.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- You're looking at our lightest, quickest version of the Epic frame, meticulously constructed from Fact 12m fiber. It's the same chassis that's won numerous World Champsionip and national titles. Proven under the most demanding conditions, favored by the world's best riders. The S-Works Epic chassis has no rivals.
- The Roval Control SL carbon wheels are the ultimate XC wheelset. They feature a 25mm internal width for low rolling resistance, a strong, hookless bead rim construction, and an ultra-low weight of only 1320 grams.
- A FOX Factory Step-Cast 34 handles suspension duties up front with 120mm of plush travel. The Fit4 damper provides plenty of adjustability, while the new Step-Cast design keeps weight at a minimum while boosting stiffness.
- A dropper post on an XC bike? Yeah, you can thank us later. Adding minimal weight, but tons of shredability, the FOX Factory Transfer dropper post, with zero-offset, keeps your position over the bottom bracket and it gets out of the way while you're descending