Epic World Cup Pro - 2023
THINK FASTEST: The Epic World Cup is the fastest XC race bike in the world on smooth to moderately technical courses thanks to its unmatched combination of efficiency, control, and light-weight. World Champ Christopher Blevins said it best, “This thing gives me everything I could want from a hardtail, plus the control and capability of full suspension.” All it took to create this speed machine was a totally integrated development approach, inventing a radical new shock, and four decades of off-road winning experience.
FRAME OF REFERENCE: To deliver maximum speed through ruthlessly efficient power transfer and precision handling, our engineering team set and achieved new standards in torsional rigidity and BB stiffness. This feat required an integrated development approach that merged a structurally superior double diamond layout with its shock cradled inside the top-tube, and finished off with the most sophisticated composite layup in Specialized history.
SHOCKINGLY FAST: The Specialized Ride Dynamics team conceived of and invented a revolutionary shock technology for the Epic World Cup that gives the rider the efficiency and snappy response of a hardtail PLUS the control, capability, and momentum-carrying of full suspension—all with a simple setup. Co-developed with RockShox, the SID Deluxe WCID shock utilizes a unique independently adjustable positive and negative air springs to deliver the sought-after hardtail “snap”, combined with terrain-devouring forgiveness, and the ability to easily personalize set-up for a specific course or tune for rider preference and feel. Set it firm and it rides like a hardtail or open it up and you have a chunk-squashing ripper. But you aren't just limited “open and closed,” the simple nature of its setup allows the rider to set on a spectrum of firm to soft.
PUNCHING ABOVE ITS CATEGORY: The Epic World Cup’s 75mm of rear travel delivers control and capability of a much longer travel bike. Because it’s designed to be ridden at or close to topped-out, it yields the same positive travel as a 100mm travel bike set up with 25% sag. To further optimize suspension performance, the Specialized Ride Dynamics team tuned the spring-rate to be relatively flat through the mid-stroke to handle the majority of bump forces like a longer travel bike. Due to its large size, the custom Mega Jounce Bumper is an “industry first” and plays a crucial role in smoothly managing bottom-out on the biggest impacts.
HAVE WE LOST OUR MINDS? SORT OF: While the new, and groundbreaking SID Deluxe WCID shock provides the unique blend of support and compliance in the rear, the BRAIN is still alive and well in the fork. Its Position-Sensitive technology allows riders to sag into the fork 15mm for a balanced ride, providing supple small bump compliance and a firm pedaling platform without the need for a remote lockout or levers to flip.
THE WEIGHT IS OVER: With a frame weight of just 1,915 grams (painted with shock and all hardware), the Epic World Cup edges out the lightest of competitors. This translates to faster acceleration, more efficiently climbing, and more agile handling. And all of that adds up to speed. We achieved the featherweight and monster stiffness of the Epic WC by applying what we learned in the development of our Aethos, the lightest production road frame ever made, specifically the advanced composite layup and tube shapes.
THE BIGGEST FLEX IS NO FLEX: The Epic World Cup sports the full suite of Roval Control SL components: 1,240-gram wheelset, 180-gram seat post, and 250-gram integrated cockpit (70mm x 780mm). Each boasting peerless light-weight, stiffness, and control on the World Cup today.
- The all-new Epic World Cup frame features Ride Dynamics Developed suspension technology and 75mm of optimized rear wheel travel. Thanks to its shock technology, Epic World Cup delivers unmatched pedal efficiency and is ready for the roughest descents you can throw at it–no lockout switches required.
- SRAM XO transmission builds on what top riders need in shifting performance and robustness, making it perfectly matched for the brutal demands of modern Cross Country racing.
- An all-new SID SL BRAIN fork provides 110mm of bump muting performance while discerning inputs from the ground or rider to provide ultimate efficiency.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control carbon wheels feature a modern 29mm internal-width hookless rim–maximizing strength, ride quality, and durability–while keeping weight to a minimum
- Fact 11m Carbon, WCID suspension design, Progressive XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm UDH compatible rear spacing, internal cable routing, 75mm of travel
- Seat Binder
- Specialized Alloy 34.9, Steel Bolt
- SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool
- RockShox SID SL ULTIMATE BRAIN, Top-Adjust Brain damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 110mm Travel
- Rear Shock
- RockShox-Specialized SIDLuxe WCID Ultimate, Ride Dynamics Developed, Independent negative spring, Rebound Adjust, 215x40mm
- Body Geometry Power Expert
- Roval Control SL carbon seatpost, Two-bolt clamp, 0mm offset, 415/370mm x 30.9
- S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm
- Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- Specialized Trail Grips
- Front Brake
- SRAM Level Silver, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, stealth, 180/160mm rotor
- Rear Brake
- SRAM Level Silver, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, stealth, 160mm rotor
- Shift Levers
- SRAM POD AXS controller
- Bottom Bracket
- SRAM DUB Threaded Wide
- SRAM XO Eagle
- Rear Derailleur
- SRAM X0 Eagle Transmission
- SRAM XO Eagle, Quarq Spindle power meter, DUB, 170/175mm, 34t
- SRAM XS 1295, 12 speed, 10-52
- Alloy, 34t
- Rear Hub
- DT Swiss 350 straight-pull, 6-bolt, DT Swiss Ratchet, 12x148mm thru axle, XD freehub body, 28h straight-pull
- DT Swiss Competition Race Straight-pull
- Rear Tire
- Specialized Renegade, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35
- Roval Control, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 28h
- Front Tire
- Specialized Fast Trak, Control Casing, T7 Compound, 29x2.35
- Inner Tubes
- Specialized Turbo Tube
- Front Hub
- DT Swiss 350, 6-bolt, 15mm Thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 28h straight -pull
GLOSS DEEP LAKE METALLIC